Vitamin E is known as the skin vitamin. It helps the body from the inside out. Its amazing healing capabilities have prevented and reversed aging for centuries. It is also the main ingredient in most skin care products. Widely known skin benefits of vitamin E is a strong antioxidant that prevents premature aging.
The best source for skin care is through topical application through creams or lotions. This is becauseskin is able to absorb the natural Vitamin E more effectively. Some common skin problems which can be resolved with the help of vitamin E oil are as follows:
- Anti Aging: Topical application of vitamin E oil promotes production of two important protein components namely, collagen and elastin that improves skin elasticity. This in turn reduces the appearances of the visible age spots, fine lines or wrinkles and gives you a younger looking skin. Its antioxidant properties further fight off damaging effects of free radicals and minimizes the chances of appearances of new wrinkles.
- Scars: Pure vitamin E oil is helpful for scar healing and prevention because it goes beneath the surface of skin to block free radicals. Free radicals are especially harmful to scar tissue because they prohibithealing.
Please note there is some data that suggest using vitamin E oil on fresh scars can make them worse, so if you want to use this on scars, discuss it with your doctor first.
- UV Protection: This vitamin helps the body provide a chemical known as alpha-tocopherol to recharge lycopene and cartenoids. It helps them protect the body from producingfree radicals oxygen which helps keeps the skin from being exposed to harmful UV rays. This is only made possible when the body has a good amount of cartenoids in the body along with adequate amounts of Vitamin E.
- Skin Treatment: Vitamin E oil provides the skin with necessary moisture as well as antioxidants for intense healing. However, pure vitamin E oil is not ideal as a daily moisturizer because it is so thick and sticky. An intense vitamin E oil bedtime therapy is ideal for concentrated skin healing and preservation. Combine vitamin E oil with olive oil for smooth application and added therapy.
- Skin Problems: Psoriasis is one such condition where the skin turns dry, scaly and red patches appear on it. Vitamin E oil repairs the skin damage and brings about improvement in the condition.
It can also be used for the treatment of eczema where its antioxidant qualities bring down the skin inflammation. It also relieves the itchiness and moisturizes the dry skin really well.
In general, the shelf life of vitamin E oil is not more than 3 years but it may decrease if it is not stored properly. Therefore, in order to retain its essential qualities, it is necessary to store the oil in such a place where it is not exposed to high temperature and oxygen which can make it ineffective.